Michael's First Snowfall

Michael is from a warm part of China, so we are fairly sure he never saw snow before joining our family. And last winter came and went without any snow to speak of.

So today when we got a brief snow shower, I could not wait to see what Michael would think.

He was fascinated.

 
He watched it fall from inside. And when I suggested that he might like to go outside to see it, he ran for his shoes.

Then he stood grinning in the doorway for a while as I tried to coax him outside into what amounted to a dusting.


He thought it looked like fun from the doorway, but he wasn't sure about leaving the house.


Finally I persuaded him to come down off of the porch to see the snowflakes sticking to the leaves.


Then suddenly he noticed that snowflakes were sticking to his coat.

"My coat!" he said, sounding offended and hurt.

And that was it.

He went back inside.

But tonight at dinner when we were thanking God for sending us his son, Michael interrupted me. He wanted to thank God for the snow.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. That's awesome!!! He'll come to love snow soon enough. Ewen loves it so much and will spend hours playing in it! :) Hooray for a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Rita!!!! That is so cool!!!! I bet he will learn to LOVE the snow, even when it sticks to his coat:) LOL:) So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts